Call Me Maybe goes viral
Just to show how powerful Social Media is and being endorsed by superstars can make just about anything a huge hit!
The video current has 33,999,405 views as of today and is getting more views by the second. The song is really catchy and I’m not surprised that JB and Selena are so much into the song.
“Call Me Maybe” is a song by Canadian singer-songwriter Carly Rae Jepsen, taken from her first EP, Curiosity (2012). It was released as the lead single from the EP on September 20, 2011, through 604 Records. After pop singers Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez tweeted about the song, Jepsen gained international attention and got signed to Schoolboy Records, releasing her single in the United States through the label. Produced by Josh Ramsay, “Call Me Maybe” is an upbeat pop track draws influences from dance-pop and disco. Lyrically, the track alludes to the inconvenience that a love at first sight brings to a girl who hopes for a call back from a crush. It received generally positive reviews from contemporary critics, who praised its composition and clever lyrical content, with some deeming it as “the perfect pop song”.
Here’s the official music video with 30,137,204 views as of today
“Call Me Maybe” has attained commercial success worldwide, reaching number one in Australia, Ireland, New Zealand and the United Kingdom, while peaking inside the top ten in Belgium and Netherlands. After reaching the top position in Canada also, Jepsen became the fifth Canadian artist to do so in her home country. In the United States, the track has reached number 8 on the Billboard Hot 100 and number 25 on the Pop Songs chart. An accompanying music video portrays Jepsen trying to gain attention from her attractive neighbour, who is revealed to be gay at the close of the story. The singer has performed the track live a few times, including on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, where she made her US television debut.
Views so far
- 120,719 views
Search by date
Top Posts & Pages
- LTO Car Registration Tips
- No to McDonald’s Iced Coffee!
- Kirby Asunto to sing the RP National Anthem in the Pacquiao-Bradley Fight
- Don't ever buy HTC Phones in the Philippines
- Modeling A-Z part 3
- Jessica sings to her Dad
- My Case Against HTC Philippines and SIS Philippines
- >Campus Tour 2006 - Radio Spiel
- Go Get A Starbucks Planner!
- Investing in the Philippines
- My Case against HTC Philippines and SIS Philippines – Finale
- My Husband’s Lover under CBCP scrutiny
- Katherine Ryan jokes on Filipino Children
- “Pacific Rim” Movie Trailer mentions Manila
- The Voice of the Philippines set looks CHEAP
- Online Petition To STOP the WATER RATE HIKE
- Apple unveils iOS 7
- What to do with Metro Manila’s Traffic?
- On our way back from a successful Financial Planning Workshop in Tagaytay I noticed my rear tire… instagram.com/p/BR_-idZjPBN/ tweeted 4 hours ago
- The latest Rich Filipino Club! paper.li/ayandeato/1444… tweeted 5 hours ago
- The latest Get Social With Ayan! paper.li/ayandeato/1372… Thanks to @thelessisay @cherylfromcinci @ALNAP #marketing tweeted 13 hours ago
- It's such a pleasure to share my advocacy of Financial Freedom. . . . . #SunLifePH #Tagaytay… instagram.com/p/BR-9QwcDZLp/ tweeted 13 hours ago
- The latest Get Social With Ayan! paper.li/ayandeato/1372… Thanks to @Fittgem @Memes4YourMom @_dorimelyrix #socialmedia #marketing tweeted 17 hours ago
- Off to conduct a Financial Wellness Workshop in #Tagaytay . . . . #TeamPogi #SakuraNBO… instagram.com/p/BR-BM_vjpHq/ tweeted 22 hours ago
- The latest Rich Filipino Club! paper.li/ayandeato/1444… tweeted 1 day ago
- The latest Get Social With Ayan! paper.li/ayandeato/1372… #marketing tweeted 1 day ago
- The latest Get Social With Ayan! paper.li/ayandeato/1372… Thanks to @smwidubai @Tanuprakash4 @OsemekeWilson #socialmedia #marketing tweeted 1 day ago
- I liked a @YouTube video youtu.be/HmbBIbCEetM?a “Toxic” steward becomes overnight sensation tweeted 2 days ago