Please Free Mali!
In a cramped enclosure at the Manila Zoo lives an Asian elephant named Mali. The Loneliest Elephant in the world was born in Sri Lanka in 1974. Mali was only 3-years-old when she was torn from her home and family and shipped to the zoo. Mali needs to be retired to a sanctuary where she can live out the rest of her life in comfort and peace. Free Mali NOW!
The video shows how Mali’s life is like inside her cramped and cemented prison cell at the Manila Zoo. Really heartbreaking to watch.
Local as well as international celebrities and ordinary people started taking mugshots of themselves holding a sign asking for Mali’s release. An online petition gathered more than 60,000 signatures asking for her immediate release. Foreign experts indicated that Mali is suffering foot problems that can be fatal to her health if she is not moved to a sanctuary and get socialized with other elephants.
The most recent appeal for Mali release came from an unexpected personality. Pamela Anderson, an active PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals) supporter, recently sent a letter to President Aquino asking for a date to discuss the relocation of Mali to a sanctuary.
Please help by sharing this article to your friends. Post the information on your social networks. Help Mali by putting pressure on our law makers to do the right thing.
Views so far
- 121,318 views
Search by date
Top Posts & Pages
- LTO Car Registration Tips
- Ironic Nat Geo Earth Day Run
- Don't ever buy HTC Phones in the Philippines
- Maxim Shoot - Ayala Alabang
- Anne Curtis is busy filming for Blood Ransom
- >Binibining Pilipinas 2005 is on...
- STALKER ALERT: LUCAS RAVEN MIRZA --- READ COMMENTS and BE THE JUDGE!
- No to McDonald’s Iced Coffee!
- My Case Against HTC Philippines and SIS Philippines
- Go Get A Starbucks Planner!
- Investing in the Philippines
- My Case against HTC Philippines and SIS Philippines – Finale
- My Husband’s Lover under CBCP scrutiny
- Katherine Ryan jokes on Filipino Children
- “Pacific Rim” Movie Trailer mentions Manila
- The Voice of the Philippines set looks CHEAP
- Online Petition To STOP the WATER RATE HIKE
- Apple unveils iOS 7
- What to do with Metro Manila’s Traffic?
- Japan Japan for Lunch @ JIRO Izakaya Sushi Ramen instagram.com/p/BTNy_3BjBZ0/ tweeted 4 hours ago
- Going #Japanese! @ JIRO Izakaya Sushi Ramen instagram.com/p/BTNytzqjtKz/ tweeted 4 hours ago
- The latest Rich Filipino Club! paper.li/ayandeato/1444… tweeted 11 hours ago
- Time to call it a night! . . . . #GoodnightAngeles #AngelesCity #Pampanga #SunLifePH… instagram.com/p/BTMgta5jJOj/ tweeted 16 hours ago
- The latest Get Social With Ayan! paper.li/ayandeato/1372… Thanks to @andreaalamanni @MogawaxCom #marketing tweeted 19 hours ago
- Time to eat!!! . . . . #Korean #Clark #Samgyupsal #AfterREAPISO #SunLifePH #YuGanne2 instagram.com/p/BTMGIt3DwfZ/ tweeted 20 hours ago
- The latest Get Social With Ayan! paper.li/ayandeato/1372… Thanks to @brlckdoctorbill @Rai_Euphoric @HellLamia #socialmedia #marketing tweeted 23 hours ago
- I'm loving this pen / flashlight / stylus! Thanks #SunLifePH instagram.com/p/BTLLQuVDz7A/ tweeted 1 day ago
- Message from Piolo during our Distribution and Business Development Meeting here in Azzuro Hotel :) instagram.com/p/BTLLGX6jg2t/ tweeted 1 day ago
- Equipt for Action! . . . . #SunLifePH #Azzuro #Pampanga #ReapISO #ISOMeycauayan instagram.com/p/BTLBSxhj6KN/ tweeted 1 day ago