Bus A, B, and C a BIG FAILURE!
MMDA (Metro Manila Development Authority) launched late last year a strategy to somehow organize public buses in EDSA by segregating them into three categories: A, B, and C with different bus stops along EDSA. (About time right?)
Here’s my observation… IT’S NOT WORKING!
Buses still load and unload everywhere and anywhere they please along EDSA. On my way to makati and back this has been the case and the MMDA Traffic Enforcers don’t seem to care or just pretend they don’t see anything.
On my way back home, the bus I was on picked up a passenger on a Bus stop B near Nepa Q Mart even though it’s only allowed to pick up passengers at Bus stop A. What happened next showed how bad corruption in the streets of Metro Manila is. A MMDA Traffic Enforcer stopped the bus and asked for the driver’s license. I was impressed at first and then I overheard the driver saying “Pababaan mo ha!” (Ask him to lower it!) to the conductor who then got off the bus and went to the MMDA Traffic Enforcer.
A few minutes passed and the conversation went like this…
Driver: “Magkano daw?” (How much?)
Conductor: “Isang Libo daw ‘pre!” (One thousand Pesos!)
Driver: “Pababaan mo naman.” (Ask him to lower it.)
After 5 minutes the conductor came back with a huge smile on his face. Handed back the driver’s license to the bus driver.
Driver: “Magkano?” (How much?)
Conductor: 250 lang! (250 Pesos)
I was shocked and saddened by this. Is it really that bad that it seems like it’s common practice to bribe an officer? It only takes USD $5 to buy a MMDA Traffic Enforcer’s dignity? And why are there 10 or sometimes more MMDA Traffic Enforcers in one spot when there is so many traffic prone areas all over EDSA? Do you need one to stand, one to wave, and one to give traffic tickets, and the other to ask for “kotong”? Why is MMDA allowing this to happen? I wish my phone wasn’t dead so I could have taken a video of the incident. Tsk tsk tsk!
Corruption more fun in the Philippines? I hope not!
Views so far
- 121,318 views
Search by date
Top Posts & Pages
- LTO Car Registration Tips
- Ironic Nat Geo Earth Day Run
- Don't ever buy HTC Phones in the Philippines
- Maxim Shoot - Ayala Alabang
- Anne Curtis is busy filming for Blood Ransom
- >Binibining Pilipinas 2005 is on...
- STALKER ALERT: LUCAS RAVEN MIRZA --- READ COMMENTS and BE THE JUDGE!
- No to McDonald’s Iced Coffee!
- My Case Against HTC Philippines and SIS Philippines
- Go Get A Starbucks Planner!
- Investing in the Philippines
- My Case against HTC Philippines and SIS Philippines – Finale
- My Husband’s Lover under CBCP scrutiny
- Katherine Ryan jokes on Filipino Children
- “Pacific Rim” Movie Trailer mentions Manila
- The Voice of the Philippines set looks CHEAP
- Online Petition To STOP the WATER RATE HIKE
- Apple unveils iOS 7
- What to do with Metro Manila’s Traffic?
- Japan Japan for Lunch @ JIRO Izakaya Sushi Ramen instagram.com/p/BTNy_3BjBZ0/ tweeted 4 hours ago
- Going #Japanese! @ JIRO Izakaya Sushi Ramen instagram.com/p/BTNytzqjtKz/ tweeted 4 hours ago
- The latest Rich Filipino Club! paper.li/ayandeato/1444… tweeted 11 hours ago
- Time to call it a night! . . . . #GoodnightAngeles #AngelesCity #Pampanga #SunLifePH… instagram.com/p/BTMgta5jJOj/ tweeted 16 hours ago
- The latest Get Social With Ayan! paper.li/ayandeato/1372… Thanks to @andreaalamanni @MogawaxCom #marketing tweeted 19 hours ago
- Time to eat!!! . . . . #Korean #Clark #Samgyupsal #AfterREAPISO #SunLifePH #YuGanne2 instagram.com/p/BTMGIt3DwfZ/ tweeted 20 hours ago
- The latest Get Social With Ayan! paper.li/ayandeato/1372… Thanks to @brlckdoctorbill @Rai_Euphoric @HellLamia #socialmedia #marketing tweeted 23 hours ago
- I'm loving this pen / flashlight / stylus! Thanks #SunLifePH instagram.com/p/BTLLQuVDz7A/ tweeted 1 day ago
- Message from Piolo during our Distribution and Business Development Meeting here in Azzuro Hotel :) instagram.com/p/BTLLGX6jg2t/ tweeted 1 day ago
- Equipt for Action! . . . . #SunLifePH #Azzuro #Pampanga #ReapISO #ISOMeycauayan instagram.com/p/BTLBSxhj6KN/ tweeted 1 day ago