Online Petition To STOP the WATER RATE HIKE
Photo credit: http://www.philstar.com
An investigative report by Ted Failon on his show Failon Ngayon shed some light on the anomalies within the MWSS. Overcharging, improvement projects that are none-existent, benefits to the Board Members of MWSS that is questionable, and the impending water rate hike.
I ask you to watch these videos to have an understanding of how deep the problem is and urge you to sign the petition below to stop MWSS from allowing Maynilad and Manila Water to increase their rates when in fact they haven’t fully explained what happened to the extra charges they already collected from us, their consumers.
I also hope the President of the Philippines, His Excellency Benigno Aquino Jr act on this. It would a shame if he opens his State Of The Nation speech about how his “Daang Matuwid” is letting these anomalies continue.
Part 1 of 5
Part 2 of 5
Part 3 of 5
Part 4 of 5
Part 5 of 5
In article by GMA News
With less than a month to adjustment water rates, state-owned Metropolitan Waterworks and Sewerage System (MWSS) said it is still studying the proposed rate increase by Metro Manila’s water concessionaires.However, a consumer group labeled the public consultation as a hoax and claimed the rate increases were “almost approved.”In a report by Julius Segovia on GMA News TV’s “Balitanghali,” MWSS held its first public consultation on the rate hike at the Philippine Trade Training Center in Pasay City.The rate adjustments are supposed to take effect in July, but it is still under the regulator’s scrutiny, said Atty. Emmanuel Caparas, MWSS Regulatory Office acting chief.“Sinisiyasat ng mabuti ang kanilang mga dokumento, kanilang mga report, kanilang mga expenses, ang kanilang mga assets na ginagamit,” he said.“We always retain a very critical stance. We always have a very sympathetic ear when it comes to the complaints of the consumers,” Caparas added.West zone concessionaire Maynilad Water Services Inc. proposed a rate hike of P8.58 per cubic meter (cu. m.).Those consuming 30 cu. m. will incur an additional cost of P250 in their monthly water bills.The west zone includes parts of Manila and Quezon City, west of South Super Highway in Makati, Caloocan, Pasay, Parañaque, Las Piñas, Muntinlupa, Valenzuela, Navotas, and Malabon as well as the municipalities of Bacoor, Imus, Kawit, Noveleta and Rosario in Cavite.East zone concessionaire Manila Water, on the other hand, asked for a rate hike of P5.83 per cu. m., which means customers consuming 30 cu. m. will bear an additional cost of P125 to P135 in their monthly bills.The east zone covers parts of Quezon City and Makati, the southeastern parts of Manila, Taguig, Pateros, Marikina, Pasig, San Juan, Mandaluyong, and Rizal province.Under a concession agreement, a rate rebasing scheme is processed every five years and serves as the basis for MWSS to review a concessionaires’ past performance and future plans.However, consumer group Water for All Refund Movement (WARM) claimed the water rate hike petition was as good as having been approved by MWSS.The group wants President Benigno Aquino III to scrutinize the water sector during his state of the nation address in July.“Kunwari may public consultations pero gawa na po ang script,” alleged RJ Javellana, president of WARM.“Nananawagan kami kay Pangulong Aquino na sa kanyang state of the nation address ay bulatlatin at tignan ng maigi ang sitwasyon sa sektor ng tubig,” he added.
Expose of Issues and Controversies involving the MWSS (Manila Water and Sewerage System) and the two large private water concessionaires Maynilad and Manila Water.
Mahatma Gandhi said “Be the change you wish to see in the world.”
Views so far
- 118,172 views
Search by date
Top Posts & Pages
- LTO Car Registration Tips
- No to McDonald’s Iced Coffee!
- Don't ever buy HTC Phones in the Philippines
- My Case Against HTC Philippines and SIS Philippines
- STALKER ALERT: LUCAS RAVEN MIRZA
- Cojuangco Video - Conspiracy or Propaganda?
- >Deato in Politics
- The Morning Rush: Perfect way to start your day
- The Voice of the Philippines set looks CHEAP
- Go Get A Starbucks Planner!
- Investing in the Philippines
- My Case against HTC Philippines and SIS Philippines – Finale
- My Husband’s Lover under CBCP scrutiny
- Katherine Ryan jokes on Filipino Children
- “Pacific Rim” Movie Trailer mentions Manila
- The Voice of the Philippines set looks CHEAP
- Online Petition To STOP the WATER RATE HIKE
- Apple unveils iOS 7
- What to do with Metro Manila’s Traffic?
- The latest Get Social With Ayan! paper.li/ayandeato/1372… Thanks to @Lynjohn10 @TaurusCC @docalergias #socialmedia #marketing tweeted 3 hours ago
- @MMDA hindi ko alam kung ilang video pa kailangan nyo para puntahan tong lugar na to at alisin mga nakaharang dito. tweeted 12 hours ago
- The latest Rich Filipino Club! paper.li/ayandeato/1444… tweeted 16 hours ago
- @MMDA Grabe kahit sa gabi paradahan na talaga ang EDSA Monumento at parang wala lang kayong pake! https://t.co/wECjnGP2WK tweeted 19 hours ago
- @MMDA No change! Daming nakalagay NO PARKING, NO LOADING AND UNLOADING pero wala lang sa mga Jeeps na to. Tsk tsk!… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… tweeted 19 hours ago
- The latest Get Social With Ayan! paper.li/ayandeato/1372… Thanks to @sirzaku @DominicRandolfi @whoisvisiting #marketing tweeted 23 hours ago
- #Reunited @ Golds Gym Hemady New Manila Q.C. instagram.com/p/BNrdHLwDW3z/ tweeted 1 day ago
- The latest Get Social With Ayan! paper.li/ayandeato/1372… Thanks to @missemilyyw @OlgaOlga1490 @PaceInfoUK #socialmedia #marketing tweeted 1 day ago
- Christmas is in the air :) @ Robinsons Place Manila instagram.com/p/BNqsiM-D-dS/ tweeted 1 day ago
- #Traffic or no traffic! Thank you for trusting me and #SunLifeFinancialPH! Now off to my… instagram.com/p/BNqmqZoj_oh/ tweeted 1 day ago