My Husband’s Lover under CBCP scrutiny
Photo from My Husband’s Lover Facebook Page
GMA Primetime teleserye “My Husband’s Lover,” the first local television show to heavily tackle homosexuality, is under the scrutiny of the Catholic Church, reports Radyo Veritas.
The Catholic Bishops’ Conference of the Philippines Episcopal Commission on Youth (CBCP-ECY) has urged television networks to be sensitive to themes being tackled in their programs.
CBCP-ECY executive secretary Fr. Kunegundo Gargantaang said TV producers and writers must study themes presented in their shows and make sure they are based on moral standards.
He said guidelines regarding themes followed by TV networks are important, especially for television shows with controversial content. Gargantaang urged networks to consider how the shows impact young viewers’ consciousness.
“Malaking pag-aaral ang dapat na gawin sa mga bagong teleserye tulad ng “My Husband’s Lover” na sana maisa-alang-alang na nasa isang bansa tayo na mayroong kultura na pinapahalagahan ang usaping moral o mga bagay na saklaw ng moralidad.Ito ang dapat na isaalang-alang ng mga gumagawa ng teleserye,” he told Radyo Veritas.
Music Video courtesy of GMA Network‘s Youtube Account
Palace: MTRCB to handle any complaint
In reaction to Gargantaang’s statement, Malacañang asked parents to report any complaints regarding the controversial show to the Movie and Television Review and Classification Board (MTRCB), which has reassured the public that it will immediately act on them.
Deputy Presidential Spokesperson Abigail Valte said Sunday: “Alam niyo po, madali — mabilis pong gumalaw ang MTRCB lalo po ’pag nakaka-receive po sila ng mga complaints from parents. So ini-encourage na lang po natin ’yung mga magulang, kapag meron po kayong nakita na sa inyong pakiramdam ay hindi po angkop doon sa binigay na rating ay i-report po natin agad sa MTRCB.”
(MTRCB responds quickly especially regarding complaints made by parents. We encourage parents to immediately report any content they may deem inappropriate to the given rating.)
Before the show’s pilot episode early in June, the MTRCB approved the teleserye without any revisions or cuts but gave it a Strong Parental Guidance (SPG) rating. Journal reports the pilot episode was reviewed and applauded by 3 MTRCB officials.
“My Husband’s Lover” by Suzette Doctolero and director Dominic Zapata stars Dennis Trillo, Tom Rodriguez, and Carla Abellana. The plot centers on a secret homosexual love affair between Trillo and Rodriguez, who is a married man.
Views so far
- 115,927 views
Search by date
Top Posts & Pages
- LTO Car Registration Tips
- My Case Against HTC Philippines and SIS Philippines
- No to McDonald’s Iced Coffee!
- Ginoo at Binibining Malolos 2012
- Manila: ‘Gates of Hell’ according to Dan Brown
- My Case Against HTC Philippines and SIS Philippines Part 2
- Don't ever buy HTC Phones in the Philippines
- Ho bi and the Renaissance City of Malolos
- Anne Curtis and Francis Libiran for ANTM
- Go Get A Starbucks Planner!
- Investing in the Philippines
- My Case against HTC Philippines and SIS Philippines – Finale
- My Husband’s Lover under CBCP scrutiny
- Katherine Ryan jokes on Filipino Children
- “Pacific Rim” Movie Trailer mentions Manila
- The Voice of the Philippines set looks CHEAP
- Online Petition To STOP the WATER RATE HIKE
- Apple unveils iOS 7
- What to do with Metro Manila’s Traffic?
- The latest Rich Filipino Club! paper.li/ayandeato/1444… tweeted 9 hours ago
- Top 6 Advisor for July Business! Thank you God for another blessing. Thank you to my clients… instagram.com/p/BJfYQ_HD1hK/ tweeted 20 hours ago
- The latest Get Social With Ayan! paper.li/ayandeato/1372… Thanks to @bakken2ubh @honestmediaco @Ru90So09 #socialmedia #news tweeted 20 hours ago
- The latest Rich Filipino Club! paper.li/ayandeato/1444… tweeted 1 day ago
- Ending the day with high spirits. @ Monkok, Glorietta 2 instagram.com/p/BJc_kx4Dr_L/ tweeted 1 day ago
- The latest Get Social With Ayan! paper.li/ayandeato/1372… Thanks to @ferrerorocker @AshrafEbid @PortStarbird #socialmedia #smm tweeted 1 day ago
- The latest Rich Filipino Club! paper.li/ayandeato/1444… tweeted 2 days ago
- The latest Get Social With Ayan! paper.li/ayandeato/1372… Thanks to @warewolf999 @XDebbyXB @RADICALZlk #socialmedia #marketing tweeted 2 days ago
- We our a country indeed full of contradiction. Check this infographic from @rapplerdotcom Book… instagram.com/p/BJZ4HBWj0YJ/ tweeted 2 days ago
- It's getting easier to smile again mama. Remembering you on your special day :) @ Valenzuela… instagram.com/p/BJY5TJ9D14T/ tweeted 3 days ago