My Husband’s Lover under CBCP scrutiny
Photo from My Husband’s Lover Facebook Page
GMA Primetime teleserye “My Husband’s Lover,” the first local television show to heavily tackle homosexuality, is under the scrutiny of the Catholic Church, reports Radyo Veritas.
The Catholic Bishops’ Conference of the Philippines Episcopal Commission on Youth (CBCP-ECY) has urged television networks to be sensitive to themes being tackled in their programs.
CBCP-ECY executive secretary Fr. Kunegundo Gargantaang said TV producers and writers must study themes presented in their shows and make sure they are based on moral standards.
He said guidelines regarding themes followed by TV networks are important, especially for television shows with controversial content. Gargantaang urged networks to consider how the shows impact young viewers’ consciousness.
“Malaking pag-aaral ang dapat na gawin sa mga bagong teleserye tulad ng “My Husband’s Lover” na sana maisa-alang-alang na nasa isang bansa tayo na mayroong kultura na pinapahalagahan ang usaping moral o mga bagay na saklaw ng moralidad.Ito ang dapat na isaalang-alang ng mga gumagawa ng teleserye,” he told Radyo Veritas.
Music Video courtesy of GMA Network‘s Youtube Account
Palace: MTRCB to handle any complaint
In reaction to Gargantaang’s statement, Malacañang asked parents to report any complaints regarding the controversial show to the Movie and Television Review and Classification Board (MTRCB), which has reassured the public that it will immediately act on them.
Deputy Presidential Spokesperson Abigail Valte said Sunday: “Alam niyo po, madali — mabilis pong gumalaw ang MTRCB lalo po ’pag nakaka-receive po sila ng mga complaints from parents. So ini-encourage na lang po natin ’yung mga magulang, kapag meron po kayong nakita na sa inyong pakiramdam ay hindi po angkop doon sa binigay na rating ay i-report po natin agad sa MTRCB.”
(MTRCB responds quickly especially regarding complaints made by parents. We encourage parents to immediately report any content they may deem inappropriate to the given rating.)
Before the show’s pilot episode early in June, the MTRCB approved the teleserye without any revisions or cuts but gave it a Strong Parental Guidance (SPG) rating. Journal reports the pilot episode was reviewed and applauded by 3 MTRCB officials.
“My Husband’s Lover” by Suzette Doctolero and director Dominic Zapata stars Dennis Trillo, Tom Rodriguez, and Carla Abellana. The plot centers on a secret homosexual love affair between Trillo and Rodriguez, who is a married man.
Views so far
- 93,681 views
Search by date
Top Posts & Pages
- LTO Car Registration Tips
- Don't ever buy HTC Phones in the Philippines
- My Case Against HTC Philippines and SIS Philippines
- Puting pang-Dyosa ni Anne Curtis!
- My Case Against HTC Philippines and SIS Philippines Part 3
- What to do with Metro Manila's Traffic?
- The public commute and the benefits of walking
- Disneyland in the Philippines?
- Bus A, B, and C a BIG FAILURE!
- Ginoo at Binibining Malolos 2012
- Stronger with Golds! @ Golds Gym Hemady New Manila Q.C. instagram.com/p/zt3vjxFvdO/ tweeted 3 hours ago
- Get Social With Ayan is out! paper.li/ayandeato/1372… tweeted 1 day ago
- Get Social With Ayan is out! paper.li/ayandeato/1372… Stories via @sjaydyjamipears tweeted 2 days ago
- How I did on Twitter this week: 1 New Followers, 3 Mentions, 1 Retweets. How'd your week go? via sumall.com/myweek tweeted 2 days ago
- Get Social With Ayan is out! paper.li/ayandeato/1372… Stories via @flashfaris tweeted 3 days ago
- I just ran 2.01 km @ a 12'17"/km pace with Nike+. go.nike.com/083su08s #nikeplus tweeted 3 days ago
- I guess it's just me and my sub for #lunch @ Subway Dela Rosa instagram.com/p/zltv6llvel/ tweeted 3 days ago
- In other news... 5 days of not smoking! #withdrawalsymptoms #cough #colds #headache #newme #healthyme tweeted 3 days ago
- Get Social With Ayan is out! paper.li/ayandeato/1372… Stories via @morakcares tweeted 4 days ago
- RT @MsLeaSalonga: It makes absolutely no sense to spend nearly 3 hours on the road when my destination is less than 20 km away. EDSA, I rea… tweeted 4 days ago