Everyone has been asking what happened to my administrative case against HTC and SIS Philippines.
I’m happy to report to you guys that HTC finally owned up to their mistakes and has made considerable efforts to correct the mistakes they did. Robert Dorano, Service Manager of HTC Philippines, contacted me a few days before the official hearing of my case at DTI and offered to settle. After giving it some thought, I decided to give HTC a second chance and accepted their offer to replace the unit they damaged with a new unit that’s of equal value as my old HTC phone. I was later informed that HTC Philippines is no longer connected with SIS Philippines and that the later has ceased operations as of last month.
What I learned from this experience?
- Persistence and patience are two things you need to have plenty of when you want change.
- Good Customer Service can definitely make or break a company no matter how big they are.
- Change is the only thing constant to keep up with the changing market.
To HTC Philippines… thank you and congratulations for making major changes in your organization and hopefully you continue to improve your processes.
Photo from My Husband’s Lover Facebook Page
GMA Primetime teleserye “My Husband’s Lover,” the first local television show to heavily tackle homosexuality, is under the scrutiny of the Catholic Church, reports Radyo Veritas.
The Catholic Bishops’ Conference of the Philippines Episcopal Commission on Youth (CBCP-ECY) has urged television networks to be sensitive to themes being tackled in their programs.
CBCP-ECY executive secretary Fr. Kunegundo Gargantaang said TV producers and writers must study themes presented in their shows and make sure they are based on moral standards.
He said guidelines regarding themes followed by TV networks are important, especially for television shows with controversial content. Gargantaang urged networks to consider how the shows impact young viewers’ consciousness.
“Malaking pag-aaral ang dapat na gawin sa mga bagong teleserye tulad ng “My Husband’s Lover” na sana maisa-alang-alang na nasa isang bansa tayo na mayroong kultura na pinapahalagahan ang usaping moral o mga bagay na saklaw ng moralidad.Ito ang dapat na isaalang-alang ng mga gumagawa ng teleserye,” he told Radyo Veritas.
Music Video courtesy of GMA Network‘s Youtube Account
Palace: MTRCB to handle any complaint
In reaction to Gargantaang’s statement, Malacañang asked parents to report any complaints regarding the controversial show to the Movie and Television Review and Classification Board (MTRCB), which has reassured the public that it will immediately act on them.
Deputy Presidential Spokesperson Abigail Valte said Sunday: “Alam niyo po, madali — mabilis pong gumalaw ang MTRCB lalo po ’pag nakaka-receive po sila ng mga complaints from parents. So ini-encourage na lang po natin ’yung mga magulang, kapag meron po kayong nakita na sa inyong pakiramdam ay hindi po angkop doon sa binigay na rating ay i-report po natin agad sa MTRCB.”
(MTRCB responds quickly especially regarding complaints made by parents. We encourage parents to immediately report any content they may deem inappropriate to the given rating.)
Before the show’s pilot episode early in June, the MTRCB approved the teleserye without any revisions or cuts but gave it a Strong Parental Guidance (SPG) rating. Journal reports the pilot episode was reviewed and applauded by 3 MTRCB officials.
“My Husband’s Lover” by Suzette Doctolero and director Dominic Zapata stars Dennis Trillo, Tom Rodriguez, and Carla Abellana. The plot centers on a secret homosexual love affair between Trillo and Rodriguez, who is a married man.
Another one bites the dust! I guess Filipinos are really getting popular around the world to be the topic of movies, books, and now jokes. The most recent is courtesy of Canadian comedienne Katherine Ryan who’s based in the United Kingdom.
In a segment where participants were asked to say unlikely lines from a cosmetics commercial, Ryan said: “We don’t use any of our products on animals. We use Filipino children.” A 15-second clip featuring her quip has been uploaded on YouTube last June 13. It has received 14, 000 views so far. Watch a three-minute video of the “Mock the Week” segment through this website.
According to a write-up about Mock The Week, the show requires guests to deliver answers on unexpected subjects on the spur of the moment. Ergo, Ryan’s joke about Filipino children is an unscripted one. Read more about her in this Wikipedia profile.
Responding to a query from The Filipino Scribe, Katherine Ryan said via Twitter (@Kathbum): ”If you’d watched the whole show instead of reacting to a still shot out of context, you might feel that I was criticizing the EXPLOITATION of children. The joke is never, ever ON children. Watch the show.”
Source: Filipino Scribe
Views so far
- 121,472 views
Search by date
Top Posts & Pages
- Go Get A Starbucks Planner!
- Investing in the Philippines
- My Case against HTC Philippines and SIS Philippines – Finale
- My Husband’s Lover under CBCP scrutiny
- Katherine Ryan jokes on Filipino Children
- “Pacific Rim” Movie Trailer mentions Manila
- The Voice of the Philippines set looks CHEAP
- Online Petition To STOP the WATER RATE HIKE
- Apple unveils iOS 7
- What to do with Metro Manila’s Traffic?
- The latest Get Social With Ayan! paper.li/ayandeato/1372… #marketing tweeted 4 hours ago
- The latest Get Social With Ayan! paper.li/ayandeato/1372… Thanks to @press4attention @GeoffreyClewes @MeghanMonaghan1 #socialmedia #marketing tweeted 8 hours ago
- The latest Rich Filipino Club! paper.li/ayandeato/1444… tweeted 20 hours ago
- The latest Get Social With Ayan! paper.li/ayandeato/1372… #socialmediamarketing tweeted 1 day ago
- The latest Get Social With Ayan! paper.li/ayandeato/1372… Thanks to @arshshaks @O4vFqhXPUuNGUtG #socialmedia #socialmediamarketing tweeted 1 day ago
- The latest Rich Filipino Club! paper.li/ayandeato/1444… tweeted 1 day ago
- The latest Get Social With Ayan! paper.li/ayandeato/1372… Thanks to @njbhckl #smm tweeted 2 days ago
- The latest Get Social With Ayan! paper.li/ayandeato/1372… Thanks to @Meharofficial1 @Arif_Bashir_007 @HelgaWorottjan #socialmedia #smm tweeted 2 days ago
- The latest Rich Filipino Club! paper.li/ayandeato/1444… tweeted 2 days ago
- The latest Get Social With Ayan! paper.li/ayandeato/1372… Thanks to @hifijim @AquariusGiants1 @Smalltofeds #marketing tweeted 3 days ago