Everyone has been asking what happened to my administrative case against HTC and SIS Philippines.
I’m happy to report to you guys that HTC finally owned up to their mistakes and has made considerable efforts to correct the mistakes they did. Robert Dorano, Service Manager of HTC Philippines, contacted me a few days before the official hearing of my case at DTI and offered to settle. After giving it some thought, I decided to give HTC a second chance and accepted their offer to replace the unit they damaged with a new unit that’s of equal value as my old HTC phone. I was later informed that HTC Philippines is no longer connected with SIS Philippines and that the later has ceased operations as of last month.
What I learned from this experience?
- Persistence and patience are two things you need to have plenty of when you want change.
- Good Customer Service can definitely make or break a company no matter how big they are.
- Change is the only thing constant to keep up with the changing market.
To HTC Philippines… thank you and congratulations for making major changes in your organization and hopefully you continue to improve your processes.
Photo from My Husband’s Lover Facebook Page
GMA Primetime teleserye “My Husband’s Lover,” the first local television show to heavily tackle homosexuality, is under the scrutiny of the Catholic Church, reports Radyo Veritas.
The Catholic Bishops’ Conference of the Philippines Episcopal Commission on Youth (CBCP-ECY) has urged television networks to be sensitive to themes being tackled in their programs.
CBCP-ECY executive secretary Fr. Kunegundo Gargantaang said TV producers and writers must study themes presented in their shows and make sure they are based on moral standards.
He said guidelines regarding themes followed by TV networks are important, especially for television shows with controversial content. Gargantaang urged networks to consider how the shows impact young viewers’ consciousness.
“Malaking pag-aaral ang dapat na gawin sa mga bagong teleserye tulad ng “My Husband’s Lover” na sana maisa-alang-alang na nasa isang bansa tayo na mayroong kultura na pinapahalagahan ang usaping moral o mga bagay na saklaw ng moralidad.Ito ang dapat na isaalang-alang ng mga gumagawa ng teleserye,” he told Radyo Veritas.
Music Video courtesy of GMA Network‘s Youtube Account
Palace: MTRCB to handle any complaint
In reaction to Gargantaang’s statement, Malacañang asked parents to report any complaints regarding the controversial show to the Movie and Television Review and Classification Board (MTRCB), which has reassured the public that it will immediately act on them.
Deputy Presidential Spokesperson Abigail Valte said Sunday: “Alam niyo po, madali — mabilis pong gumalaw ang MTRCB lalo po ’pag nakaka-receive po sila ng mga complaints from parents. So ini-encourage na lang po natin ’yung mga magulang, kapag meron po kayong nakita na sa inyong pakiramdam ay hindi po angkop doon sa binigay na rating ay i-report po natin agad sa MTRCB.”
(MTRCB responds quickly especially regarding complaints made by parents. We encourage parents to immediately report any content they may deem inappropriate to the given rating.)
Before the show’s pilot episode early in June, the MTRCB approved the teleserye without any revisions or cuts but gave it a Strong Parental Guidance (SPG) rating. Journal reports the pilot episode was reviewed and applauded by 3 MTRCB officials.
“My Husband’s Lover” by Suzette Doctolero and director Dominic Zapata stars Dennis Trillo, Tom Rodriguez, and Carla Abellana. The plot centers on a secret homosexual love affair between Trillo and Rodriguez, who is a married man.
I know it’s all about the voice but just look at that set. There is no production value whatsoever… It’s simply atrocious! My eyes were bleeding while watching the show. It even came to a point where I don’t even want to look at the TV Screen anymore. I just wanted to listen to the performer and the judges’ comments while reading tweets about the show.
Come on ABS-CBN this is supposed to be a franchise of The Voice! Please try to at least be at par with the versions of other countries in Asia. Your audience is changing! We demand quality and better production value especially with a show as big as this!
Still don’t get what I mean? Look at these videos.
The saving grace of the show are the judges especially Ms. Lea Salonga. She was so funny and so energetic fighting for her favorite artists. Apl.de.Ap was also a delight to watch with his Pinoy / Amboy way of getting his favorites to choose him. Surprisingly Sarah G was very careful in choosing who she wants to bring in to her team. I think it’s wise since it’s just the first set of contestants. Bamboo, who I had the chance to meet in person for a shoot for a magazine cover, made a risk by getting Deb (which I don’t personally like) but I believe in you Mr. Bamboo.
I don’t know if I like Toni Gonzaga as the host. I just feel that her hosting style is very similar to how she hosts Pinoy Big Brother. I like Toni but I wish it was someone else who’s not yet associated with any other big show in the past. Dunno if it’s just me but when Toni interviews a contestant after his / her performance, it feels like she’s talking to someone who just got evicted from the Big Brother House. As for the two other hosts (Alex Gonzaga and Robi Domingo); I don’t feel they are connecting with the show. They look awkward especially that part where they were reporting outside the studio.
Overall, the pilot episode of The Voice of the Philippines was a success but I do have some suggestions:
- Please add more lights! This is the voice not S.O.C.O.
- Improve on the camera shots please. Have the production team watch the US or the UK versions and learn from them.
- The walk to the holding area looks cheap with the faded grey paint and the door to the viewing area for the family looks terrible.
- The stage is too small and too dark
- The chairs are just plain ugly! A far cry from the original and makes the show look cheap. To those who keep on defending the show saying it’s about the voice and not the set, I have news for you. The show aside from the talent is known for those iconic chairs! Look at the photo above.
- Lessen the number of commercial gaps. It’s irritating to watch one contestant and go straight to a commercial
- Why is there no sound when the chair turns? Turn up the volume guys! Where is the “I WANT YOU” on the chairs?
- What’s up with the paper and pen on the judges’ tables?
- Lastly, please don’t make the show into a Soap Opera we already have a lot of those.
Views so far
- 120,784 views
Search by date
Top Posts & Pages
- LTO Car Registration Tips
- Don't ever buy HTC Phones in the Philippines
- No to McDonald’s Iced Coffee!
- My Case Against HTC Philippines and SIS Philippines
- STALKER ALERT: LUCAS RAVEN MIRZA --- READ COMMENTS and BE THE JUDGE!
- Cojuangco Video - Conspiracy or Propaganda?
- Katherine Ryan jokes on Filipino Children
- Bus A, B, and C a BIG FAILURE!
- Go Get A Starbucks Planner!
- Investing in the Philippines
- My Case against HTC Philippines and SIS Philippines – Finale
- My Husband’s Lover under CBCP scrutiny
- Katherine Ryan jokes on Filipino Children
- “Pacific Rim” Movie Trailer mentions Manila
- The Voice of the Philippines set looks CHEAP
- Online Petition To STOP the WATER RATE HIKE
- Apple unveils iOS 7
- What to do with Metro Manila’s Traffic?
- The latest Get Social With Ayan! paper.li/ayandeato/1372… Thanks to @CorkBIC @jilliancyork @kashiflion #socialmedia #marketing tweeted 1 hour ago
- Beat Your Best Session on-going! . . . . #SunLifePH #BYB #BrighterLifePH #TrainingIsLife… instagram.com/p/BSIPLfIjRP8/ tweeted 7 hours ago
- The latest Rich Filipino Club! paper.li/ayandeato/1444… tweeted 13 hours ago
- Cheers to a #BrighterLife . . . . #BrighterLifePH #FunUndertheSun #BeachLife… instagram.com/p/BSHgfaWjd9c/ tweeted 14 hours ago
- The latest Get Social With Ayan! paper.li/ayandeato/1372… #marketing tweeted 21 hours ago
- The latest Get Social With Ayan! paper.li/ayandeato/1372… Thanks to @stopcrueltynow #socialmedia #marketing tweeted 1 day ago
- The Philippines definitely has one of the best sunset in the world. . . . . #Batangas… instagram.com/p/BSGODmcjcfN/ tweeted 1 day ago
- Sakit ulo... walang tulog pose! . . . . #TamarrawBeach #BeachLife #Mindoro #Philippines #FunUnderTheSun https://t.co/8AnQA51Kdi tweeted 1 day ago
- Where the mountain meets the sea! . . . . #TamarrawBeach #Mindoro #Nature #BeachLife… instagram.com/p/BSFz8Ppjo9z/ tweeted 1 day ago
- With Maja Salvador :) . . . . #TamarrawBeach #Mindoro #FunUndertheSun #beachlife #Philippines @… instagram.com/p/BSFvQMZDZYq/ tweeted 1 day ago