I bet you didn’t expect that right? Those of you who made it a tradition to line up in Starbucks every year — go ahead! MyManila made a computation and it came to PHP 2,186 for you to get the planner given that you get the cheapest set of coffee. Aside from the cost you also get a whopping 2,205 serving of calories with that.
So why do I suggest you get the planner? Because if I say that it’s just a waste of money, it’s an overpriced planner, it’s a planner you probably will never use, or you get extra pounds just by drinking those cups of high calorie drinks — you probably wouldn’t listen anyway.
If I say that P95 a cup / day is P2,660 / month or P31,920 / year or P319,200 in a decade. Something that can give you at least Half a Million pesos given an 8 – 10% interest rate — would that stop you?
If you make Starbucks your office away from home or the regular workplace and you do it regularly anyway; then by all means make the most out of it. I know alot of my friends go to Starbucks to work (freelancers and self-employed). Some go there just because they can (rich kids ika nga). If you are either one of the two then go ahead! But if you are doing it just because you want to spend without thinking about it or you simply don’t have the budget for it then I suggest you walk as far away as possible.
Everyone has been asking what happened to my administrative case against HTC and SIS Philippines.
I’m happy to report to you guys that HTC finally owned up to their mistakes and has made considerable efforts to correct the mistakes they did. Robert Dorano, Service Manager of HTC Philippines, contacted me a few days before the official hearing of my case at DTI and offered to settle. After giving it some thought, I decided to give HTC a second chance and accepted their offer to replace the unit they damaged with a new unit that’s of equal value as my old HTC phone. I was later informed that HTC Philippines is no longer connected with SIS Philippines and that the later has ceased operations as of last month.
What I learned from this experience?
- Persistence and patience are two things you need to have plenty of when you want change.
- Good Customer Service can definitely make or break a company no matter how big they are.
- Change is the only thing constant to keep up with the changing market.
To HTC Philippines… thank you and congratulations for making major changes in your organization and hopefully you continue to improve your processes.
Photo credit: http://www.philstar.com
An investigative report by Ted Failon on his show Failon Ngayon shed some light on the anomalies within the MWSS. Overcharging, improvement projects that are none-existent, benefits to the Board Members of MWSS that is questionable, and the impending water rate hike.
I ask you to watch these videos to have an understanding of how deep the problem is and urge you to sign the petition below to stop MWSS from allowing Maynilad and Manila Water to increase their rates when in fact they haven’t fully explained what happened to the extra charges they already collected from us, their consumers.
I also hope the President of the Philippines, His Excellency Benigno Aquino Jr act on this. It would a shame if he opens his State Of The Nation speech about how his “Daang Matuwid” is letting these anomalies continue.
Part 1 of 5
Part 2 of 5
Part 3 of 5
Part 4 of 5
Part 5 of 5
In article by GMA News
With less than a month to adjustment water rates, state-owned Metropolitan Waterworks and Sewerage System (MWSS) said it is still studying the proposed rate increase by Metro Manila’s water concessionaires.However, a consumer group labeled the public consultation as a hoax and claimed the rate increases were “almost approved.”In a report by Julius Segovia on GMA News TV’s “Balitanghali,” MWSS held its first public consultation on the rate hike at the Philippine Trade Training Center in Pasay City.The rate adjustments are supposed to take effect in July, but it is still under the regulator’s scrutiny, said Atty. Emmanuel Caparas, MWSS Regulatory Office acting chief.“Sinisiyasat ng mabuti ang kanilang mga dokumento, kanilang mga report, kanilang mga expenses, ang kanilang mga assets na ginagamit,” he said.“We always retain a very critical stance. We always have a very sympathetic ear when it comes to the complaints of the consumers,” Caparas added.West zone concessionaire Maynilad Water Services Inc. proposed a rate hike of P8.58 per cubic meter (cu. m.).Those consuming 30 cu. m. will incur an additional cost of P250 in their monthly water bills.The west zone includes parts of Manila and Quezon City, west of South Super Highway in Makati, Caloocan, Pasay, Parañaque, Las Piñas, Muntinlupa, Valenzuela, Navotas, and Malabon as well as the municipalities of Bacoor, Imus, Kawit, Noveleta and Rosario in Cavite.East zone concessionaire Manila Water, on the other hand, asked for a rate hike of P5.83 per cu. m., which means customers consuming 30 cu. m. will bear an additional cost of P125 to P135 in their monthly bills.The east zone covers parts of Quezon City and Makati, the southeastern parts of Manila, Taguig, Pateros, Marikina, Pasig, San Juan, Mandaluyong, and Rizal province.Under a concession agreement, a rate rebasing scheme is processed every five years and serves as the basis for MWSS to review a concessionaires’ past performance and future plans.However, consumer group Water for All Refund Movement (WARM) claimed the water rate hike petition was as good as having been approved by MWSS.The group wants President Benigno Aquino III to scrutinize the water sector during his state of the nation address in July.“Kunwari may public consultations pero gawa na po ang script,” alleged RJ Javellana, president of WARM.“Nananawagan kami kay Pangulong Aquino na sa kanyang state of the nation address ay bulatlatin at tignan ng maigi ang sitwasyon sa sektor ng tubig,” he added.
Expose of Issues and Controversies involving the MWSS (Manila Water and Sewerage System) and the two large private water concessionaires Maynilad and Manila Water.
Mahatma Gandhi said “Be the change you wish to see in the world.”
Views so far
- 120,719 views
Search by date
Top Posts & Pages
- LTO Car Registration Tips
- No to McDonald’s Iced Coffee!
- Kirby Asunto to sing the RP National Anthem in the Pacquiao-Bradley Fight
- Don't ever buy HTC Phones in the Philippines
- Modeling A-Z part 3
- Jessica sings to her Dad
- My Case Against HTC Philippines and SIS Philippines
- >Campus Tour 2006 - Radio Spiel
- Go Get A Starbucks Planner!
- Investing in the Philippines
- My Case against HTC Philippines and SIS Philippines – Finale
- My Husband’s Lover under CBCP scrutiny
- Katherine Ryan jokes on Filipino Children
- “Pacific Rim” Movie Trailer mentions Manila
- The Voice of the Philippines set looks CHEAP
- Online Petition To STOP the WATER RATE HIKE
- Apple unveils iOS 7
- What to do with Metro Manila’s Traffic?
- On our way back from a successful Financial Planning Workshop in Tagaytay I noticed my rear tire… instagram.com/p/BR_-idZjPBN/ tweeted 4 hours ago
- The latest Rich Filipino Club! paper.li/ayandeato/1444… tweeted 5 hours ago
- The latest Get Social With Ayan! paper.li/ayandeato/1372… Thanks to @thelessisay @cherylfromcinci @ALNAP #marketing tweeted 13 hours ago
- It's such a pleasure to share my advocacy of Financial Freedom. . . . . #SunLifePH #Tagaytay… instagram.com/p/BR-9QwcDZLp/ tweeted 13 hours ago
- The latest Get Social With Ayan! paper.li/ayandeato/1372… Thanks to @Fittgem @Memes4YourMom @_dorimelyrix #socialmedia #marketing tweeted 17 hours ago
- Off to conduct a Financial Wellness Workshop in #Tagaytay . . . . #TeamPogi #SakuraNBO… instagram.com/p/BR-BM_vjpHq/ tweeted 22 hours ago
- The latest Rich Filipino Club! paper.li/ayandeato/1444… tweeted 1 day ago
- The latest Get Social With Ayan! paper.li/ayandeato/1372… #marketing tweeted 1 day ago
- The latest Get Social With Ayan! paper.li/ayandeato/1372… Thanks to @smwidubai @Tanuprakash4 @OsemekeWilson #socialmedia #marketing tweeted 1 day ago
- I liked a @YouTube video youtu.be/HmbBIbCEetM?a “Toxic” steward becomes overnight sensation tweeted 2 days ago