I know it’s all about the voice but just look at that set. There is no production value whatsoever… It’s simply atrocious! My eyes were bleeding while watching the show. It even came to a point where I don’t even want to look at the TV Screen anymore. I just wanted to listen to the performer and the judges’ comments while reading tweets about the show.
Come on ABS-CBN this is supposed to be a franchise of The Voice! Please try to at least be at par with the versions of other countries in Asia. Your audience is changing! We demand quality and better production value especially with a show as big as this!
Still don’t get what I mean? Look at these videos.
The saving grace of the show are the judges especially Ms. Lea Salonga. She was so funny and so energetic fighting for her favorite artists. Apl.de.Ap was also a delight to watch with his Pinoy / Amboy way of getting his favorites to choose him. Surprisingly Sarah G was very careful in choosing who she wants to bring in to her team. I think it’s wise since it’s just the first set of contestants. Bamboo, who I had the chance to meet in person for a shoot for a magazine cover, made a risk by getting Deb (which I don’t personally like) but I believe in you Mr. Bamboo.
I don’t know if I like Toni Gonzaga as the host. I just feel that her hosting style is very similar to how she hosts Pinoy Big Brother. I like Toni but I wish it was someone else who’s not yet associated with any other big show in the past. Dunno if it’s just me but when Toni interviews a contestant after his / her performance, it feels like she’s talking to someone who just got evicted from the Big Brother House. As for the two other hosts (Alex Gonzaga and Robi Domingo); I don’t feel they are connecting with the show. They look awkward especially that part where they were reporting outside the studio.
Overall, the pilot episode of The Voice of the Philippines was a success but I do have some suggestions:
- Please add more lights! This is the voice not S.O.C.O.
- Improve on the camera shots please. Have the production team watch the US or the UK versions and learn from them.
- The walk to the holding area looks cheap with the faded grey paint and the door to the viewing area for the family looks terrible.
- The stage is too small and too dark
- The chairs are just plain ugly! A far cry from the original and makes the show look cheap. To those who keep on defending the show saying it’s about the voice and not the set, I have news for you. The show aside from the talent is known for those iconic chairs! Look at the photo above.
- Lessen the number of commercial gaps. It’s irritating to watch one contestant and go straight to a commercial
- Why is there no sound when the chair turns? Turn up the volume guys! Where is the “I WANT YOU” on the chairs?
- What’s up with the paper and pen on the judges’ tables?
- Lastly, please don’t make the show into a Soap Opera we already have a lot of those.
Queenierich Rehman can sure drop a beat! During the talent segment of the Miss World 2012 competition, Miss Philippines came out on stage in a sexy evening dress and began singing Far East Movement‘s Rocketeer – but to the pleasant surprise of the audience she began beat-boxing ’80s style, while singing and air-record scratching for good measure.
The show’s emcee even asked her how hard the talent was and she responded that “anybody can do it,” which prompted the host to bring her into the crowd to teach her skills to the show’s music director.
Ms. Philippine’s performance got the attention of Time Magazine, Huffington Post, and Daily Mail among others. Good Job Ms. Rehman. Some might say that there’s nothing new with beat-boxing but the fact that nobody has ever done it in an international beauty pageant got people talking about it.
Ordos, China is hosting Miss World 2012 and will crown a winner on Aug. 18.
If you haven’t seen her performance yet… watch the video below 🙂
I was fortunate enough to be able to get an exclusive invite to probably one of the hottest party this year in Manila. Thanks to my good friend Jason Tomas. The weather last Saturday night cooperated and the traffic wasn’t bad. It usually takes me an hour and a half to get there by car; so I was surprised that it only took me 45 minutes to get to World Trade Centerfrom Valenzuela. Definitely last Saturday was the best night to party.
I also had the opportunity to meet the artists Cosmic Gate, Myon & Shane 54, Bobina, and the ever beautiful “Lady of Trance” Emma Hewitt. I even got a chance to have a picture taken with her.
The press conference went on very well. There were a huge number of bloggers who attended the event eager to ask their questions… some personal but mostly about how they perceive the Philippines in terms of its maturity when it comes to Trance.
Being the Country Manager of Visual Ally, a Social Media Agency based here in the Philippines and the US, I had to ask how Social Media helped the artists promote their music. Cosmic Gate said that they are very much into Social Media now because unlike before they would have to really spend so much time, effort, and energy, just to get noticed but now it’s easier for them to reach out to their fans and to share a sample of their music as well as themselves to their loyal followers.
Bigfish never fails to bring the best talent from all over the world. No wonder people keep on flocking to their events. Saw a number of familiar faces here and there as well as friends who I haven’t seen for a very long time. The event was definitely packed with the hot people of the metro… definitely a feast for the eyes 🙂
Kudos to the Bigfish Team for bringing these wonderful talents and helping promote the Philippines as a première dance destination in Asia. Special mention to Jason Tomas and Miss Samantha Encabo – PR Manager of Bigfish for being accommodating to everyone who came to the press conference.
Views so far
- 121,429 views
Search by date
Top Posts & Pages
- Go Get A Starbucks Planner!
- Investing in the Philippines
- My Case against HTC Philippines and SIS Philippines – Finale
- My Husband’s Lover under CBCP scrutiny
- Katherine Ryan jokes on Filipino Children
- “Pacific Rim” Movie Trailer mentions Manila
- The Voice of the Philippines set looks CHEAP
- Online Petition To STOP the WATER RATE HIKE
- Apple unveils iOS 7
- What to do with Metro Manila’s Traffic?
- The latest Rich Filipino Club! paper.li/ayandeato/1444… tweeted 2 hours ago
- The latest Get Social With Ayan! paper.li/ayandeato/1372… Thanks to @hifijim @AquariusGiants1 @Smalltofeds #marketing tweeted 10 hours ago
- Working from my new #tambayan near the house :) instagram.com/p/BTWJZPfDN04/ tweeted 14 hours ago
- The latest Get Social With Ayan! paper.li/ayandeato/1372… Thanks to @debrah_dlamini @CmpContent @darren_gilmore #socialmedia #marketing tweeted 14 hours ago
- Time for some pampering :) @ DYNES Salon & Wellness Center instagram.com/p/BTV8LspD2D_/ tweeted 16 hours ago
- Time for change! @ DYNES Salon & Wellness Center instagram.com/p/BTV7A6UjK-y/ tweeted 16 hours ago
- The latest Rich Filipino Club! paper.li/ayandeato/1444… tweeted 1 day ago
- The latest Get Social With Ayan! paper.li/ayandeato/1372… Thanks to @HARESHUPADHYAY1 @remigambier @BruceMiy #marketing tweeted 1 day ago
- The latest Get Social With Ayan! paper.li/ayandeato/1372… Thanks to @ROXENKHAN @inn_concept @RBMqGvcuzg5bqGV #socialmedia #marketing tweeted 1 day ago
- The latest Rich Filipino Club! paper.li/ayandeato/1444… tweeted 2 days ago